By Mary O'Neil, DrPH Mundinger
"I chanced on the dean's perception and imaginative and prescient for brand new and evolving alterations in nursing very motivational. this is able to be a very good learn for someone drawn to constructing nursing programs." ranking: ninety seven, five Stars.--Doody's scientific Reviews
This ebook, written by way of the Dean Emeritus of Columbia university of Nursing, follows the evolution of complicated perform Nursing as a profitable and well-respected version of autonomous nursing perform. It describes a dramatic interval of 25 years in which the writer rescued a failing tuition of nursing at Columbia collage and led it via a interval of fight that, via robust and punctiliously developed making plans, led complex perform Nursing to a brand new point of authority and schooling. It depicts Columbia's management in developing CAPNA, a financially winning autonomous nursing perform, and makes use of the case learn of Columbia tuition of Nursing to demonstrate how nursing management used leverage and political acumen to collect disparate and weird companions to aid its challenge to restructure the APN model.
Divided into six sections, the ebook describes how the options transpired in the course of five-year sessions and offers, within the ultimate part, an motion plan should you wish to strengthen a similar point of perform in a faculty or separately. Chapters handle why the seminal success happened, precisely what came about, the cultural and perform surroundings within which switch happened, recommendations used and resistance conquer, and ideas that emerged because of the ultimate success. The textual content, with its specialist and monetary version, may be of worth to nurse educators who desire to invigorate their courses, DNP graduates who search to improve their practices, scientific educators, company schooling pros, and health and wellbeing reformers.
- Portrays a passionate 25-year fight in the direction of the success of complicated perform nursing authority and autonomy
- Shares a winning version of self sustaining nursing practice
- Offers instructions on easy methods to teach school for his or her position in delivering useful scientific schooling in NP and DNP programs
- Provides a blueprint for colleges of nursing trying to strengthen robust DNP courses and begin an self reliant school nursing practice
- Written through the Dean Emeritus of Columbia university of Nursing
Read Online or Download A Path to Nursing Excellence: The Columbia Experience PDF
Best nursing books
Acute organ harm and the resultant a number of organ failure are the results of a pathophysiological procedure regarding a number of cytokines. as soon as activated, those proteins can't be eradicated even if the kidneys functionality at their greatest ability. To counteract this mechanism, researchers in Japan have constructed an cutting edge idea utilising blood purification to take away the overpowering cytokines.
Written in a study-friendly type, this research advisor contains studying actions, NCLEX examination overview questions, useful tricks, and functions to enhance your realizing of the options and knowledge present in the Nursing Care of youngsters, 4th variation textbook, and assist you go the NCLEX. constant association corresponds with the bankruptcy structure within the textual content.
Promotes mastery of the tougher 2016 examination! This final NCLEX-RN® evaluation publication that “helps you're thinking that like a nurse” has been absolutely up to date to include the 2016 try plan. together with extra complicated case stories to mirror the trouble of the examination, this complete evaluate encourages lively studying to grasp the content material.
Dietbook Gestante é livro cujo propósito é trazer solução para o correto aporte nutricional das gestantes, buscando, por efeitos, não o seu bem estar, como o do feto e o do recém-nascido. Na realidade, é um guia alimentar para gestantes, daí o seu formato compacto. Acompanha fase a fase a gestação, a lactação e a alimentação do bebê.
- Endocrine Therapy for Breast Cancer (Basic and Clinical Oncology)
- Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exam (ACE) II RN-BSN: Care of the Client During Childbearing Flashcard Study System
- End-of-Life Care aus der NutzerInnenperspektive: Erwartungen und Erfahrungen von Eltern sterbender Kinder in der ambulanten Palliativpflege (German Edition)
- Nursing Acutely Ill Adults
- Rare Hereditary Cancers: Diagnosis and Management (Recent Results in Cancer Research)
- Heart Attack, Cardiac Cath, & Bypass: A Nurse's Guide to Caring for the Patient
Extra info for A Path to Nursing Excellence: The Columbia Experience
A Path to Nursing Excellence: The Columbia Experience by Mary O'Neil, DrPH Mundinger